Thursday 1 November 2012

I Know



I know you want to care for me

I know you have a warm house

I know I have a clean bed here

I know you always have food in the cupboards

I know you speak up for me

I know you offer me kindness

I know you want to love me

 

I feel I am unlovable as no one has loved me before

I feel I can never get warm the coldness is in my heart

I feel I will wet the bed over and over till the bedding runs out

I feel any second that someone might forget to feed me

I feel alone misunderstood invisible unlikeable

I feel frightened by kindness it is not what I know

 

I fear if you knew the real me you would be shocked

I fear if you knew the real me you could not love me

I fear if you knew the real me I would be too exposed

I fear if you knew the real me it would be scary for you

I fear letting you in you may bring me only pain

I fear that my fear may overwhelm us both

 
www.parentingposttrauma.co.uk

 

No comments:

Post a Comment